Construction Laborer - Gallup, NM
Construction Laborer - Yatahey, NM
Position Overview: This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Construction Manager. The primary focus for this position includes general labor duties on construction sites, including copper and fiber splicing. The person filling this position must be able to work without close supervision, be a self-starter and be dependable. This position requires exceptional communication skills and the ability to work in a harmonious manner with co-workers and Sacred Wind customers.
- Must show up at job on time every morning and be ready to go into the field at supervisor’s direction by 8:00 a.m., M – F.
- Performs cable locating, as needed.
- Copper and fiber splicing.
- Must work safely under stressful conditions.
- Lifts heavy loads up to 70 pounds and navigate a job construction site
- Maintenance services, directed by supervisor (clean-up, wash vehicles, landscaping, etc.)
- Maintains rights-of-way, including patching roadways and backfill areas.
- Maintains/cleans up pedestals, poles, and equipment at subscriber locations.
- Safely operates digging and trenching equipment.
- Ensures quality customer service is consistently provided to all customers.
- Performs general labor duties on construction sites (shoveling, digging, and raking gravel, lifting heavy construction materials, etc.).
- Works with concrete and asphalt.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work in a high performance, team environment.
- Interacts with other departments to coordinate and complete job assignments.
- Maintains a professional image.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required to fulfill job function, or as assigned.
- Working knowledge & maintenance of appropriate hand tools, test and safety equipment.
- Ability to read and understand maps, diagrams, drawings, and engineering schematics.
- At least 1 year of copper and fiber splicing experience.
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Valid state driver’s license is required, along with a clean driving record.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Able to climb poles up to 18’.
- Able to climb various ladders up to and including 30’ extensions.
- Ability to operate various construction machinery safely.
- Able to operate heavy equipment such as power augers, snow machines, power trenchers, bucket trucks, tractors, etc.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat and lift overhead for long periods of time.
- Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 70 lbs.).
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Must live within 30 minutes of Yatahey, New Mexico.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge and skills usually acquired through laborer or construction duties.
This job specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on business needs and conditions. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check. Sacred Wind Communications, Inc. complies with the Navajo Preference in Employment Act and EEO. Sacred Wind Communications, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.